Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ick.

Sometimes my life makes me sick.  Somedays it's so ordinary and self-indulgent.  When it's all about me and I realize it, I feel like screaming.  Why do I get so caught up in what I think, what I believe, what I'm doing?  I start out truly seeking Christ, but before I know it, my faith has turned into something I'm proud of...like I created it or something. 

Today, I'm grateful to all the people who are living out their faith with reckless abandon.  Reading about their journeys is a reminder to stop thinking about myself and look at the world around me.  There are people crying, starving, freezing, killing, dying, abusing and being abused, hurting themselves and their families, and me...I'm safe, warm, and happy, thinking this life is all about me. 

And above and beyond all that, there is a Mighty God on the throne who deserves my constant praise.  It's time to again find the balance.  More of Jesus.  Less of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment