Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tell Me All Your Thoughts on God

I just found this in my saved drafts...I don't know why I never posted it...surely someone out there will understand.

I love 90's rock music.  Seriously.  It makes me feel like I'm sitting in a warm coffee shop reading, writing, thinking about, discovering things that matter, truly madly deeply...or maybe walking in fields of gold.  When I was in 7th grade (in the late 90's), this punk that every girl was "in love" with, told me I liked "depressed college kid music."  I was like, "What does that even mean?"  I guess I get it now.  I'm uber emotional.  And I like it.  When I feel like I've discovered some deep truth, I just want to save tonight and fight the break of dawn.  I mean, I was emotional before it was cool.  It started in the 90's and carried on with a vengeance.  I was a hardcore romantic as a kid.  Artists in the 90's actually spoke to that part of me, what, with their actual talent and poetic lyrics.  The flannels, t-shirts, ripped jeans, and long hair didn't hurt either.  That low-key grungy look is appealing to this low-maintenance girl.  The invitation to come as you are, yeah, that's good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment