Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Happy Health Nut

Hi friends!

I just wanted to give you some encouragement! 

Today, I feel terrible.  That is NOT the encouragement, though haha.  The reason I tell you this is to point out that I am in a wonderful mood despite this virus that makes my head and lungs hurt - glory to God!  I'm learning a lot about what it means to give the control of my life over to God...every bit of the control.  This is quite a journey, and I know I'll never get it all right, but each day, I learn a little more. 

Anyone who spends any amount of time with me will learn that I am a "health nut" and a "germaphobe."  Giving the control of my body and health over to God is not something I ever wanted to do.  What if it means He will let me get cancer, lupus, or some other terrible disease?  What if it means I get all the sicknesses I fight daily to avoid?  What if I never regain my health?  So often, I live my life by the "what ifs?" rather than letting God take care of me.  Maybe I should be asking myself "What if all my efforts are futile?"...Because they are!  When I hold onto the control of this and any other issue, I limit God.  I don't allow Him to give me the stunning health that He can so easily provide.

So this week, I broke down.  I gave up the control.  Each day, I ask Him to provide me the strength I need that day.  My week does not look like it would have had I been in control.  BUT my world has not fallen apart (the fear that drives my control).  My house is messy and our meals haven't been something to write home about, but we still have a warm place to sleep, our stomachs are full, and I'm happy.  Praise the LORD!  He knows what I need - I don't!  Thank You, Jesus, for always providing.

I hope you have a wonderful week and that you allow God to provide the glorious life that He has for you!

Much love,
Felisha

2 comments: